- The world is a book, and those whom do not travel read only one page on it.
- Stop worrying about holes in the road and enjoy the travel.
- It is nice to have a goal to travel to, but at the end it is the travel that is important.
- The wise man never thinks to have arrived...
- Travelling and reading is learning.
- Sometime is even better to travel than to arrive.
- The perfect travel is circular. The joy of departing, the joy of returning.
- Some travels to loose themselves, some travel to find themselves.
- To travel means to add something to life.
- The most dangerous thing to do is to remain still.
- The travel must aligns with the most severes forms of research. Sureley there are other ways to know the world. But the traveller is a slave of its senses, his way of keeping can be completed only when it is reinforced with sensual proof, he can really know the world only when he sees it, he feels it and he smells it.
- "...For the nomad the movement is morality. Whitout movement his animals would die..."
Bruce Chatwin, What am I doing here?
- Travelling you can realize that the differences are disappearing: all the towns starts to be similar each other, the places has changed their forms and ordinaments. A dust without shape has invaded the continents.
- As many travellers I have seen more than what I remember, and I remember more than what I saw.
- What is the real meanings of the word to travel? Change place? Absolutely no! To travel means to change opinion and pregiudices.
- Do that your adventurous spirit leads you always ahead to discover the world around you with its strangness and its wonderers. Discovering it will mean to love it.
- Travel must sacrifice the ordinary program in favor of the casual, to give up the daily for the extraordinary, must be structured absolutely personaly to our beliefs.
- Border I saw none, but I heard they exist in some people's mind.
- Geography is much more important then history because it is contained in it.
Guillermo Cabrera Infante
- When you live for a long time in a place, you become blind as you do not observe anything anymore. I travel as I do not want to become blind.
- Life is a travel and who travels live twice.
- Considering all, there are two spieces of humankind: those whome stay at home and the others.
- "... we have got to go and do not stop until we arrive."
"To go where, friend?"
"I do not know, but we got to go"
- Travel is a sort of door through which you exit from realty.
Guy de Maupassant
- Travels give a wide mental opening: you exit from the circle of pregiudices of your own country and you do not want to bring on yourself those of the foreigners.
Charles de Montesquieu
- You must remember, buying a suitcase, that during a long trip, there will be always a time in which you must carry it by yourself.
- Life is what we do about it. The travels are the travellers. What we see is not what we see, but what we are.
- The real travel of discovery does not consist in finding out new frontiers, but in having new eyes.
- If you are travelling, do not worries about distances, but the goal. If you sit at a banquette, do not look at the quantity, but at the quality of the plates served.
- Who goes slow, goes safe and goes far.
- Whit company you do not feel the way.
- Who goes and comes back, has a good travel.
- Who walks the world see all, and who remains at home does not believe.
- Running is not travelling.
- Who carrys with himself the fear, has for company the danger.
- Who goes in a foreing country, has to wear the most beautiful clothes.
- In the long travels also the straw weighs.
- Three things to carry around the world: good horse, latin and money.
- Good company for the path, you need an old hag horse.
- We know the day of the departure, but not the one of return.
- Small feet in big shoes do not make long travels.
- Good bread and good wine, help the walk better.
- It is not good to go out without cape, even if the sun shine.
- Asking you will go to Rome.
- Bad to go around the world with empty pockets.
- Safe in the travel, he who has no money in the bag.
- First look for the companion and then for the road.
- Who travels around the world learns to live.
- A brave heart is the best travel companion
- A nice talk shortens the travel.
- There has always been in the world much more than what men could see when they went slow, guess what they can see if they are going fast.
- The travels never ends. Only the travellers end. And also they can stretch in memory, in remembrance, in narrating. When the traveller has sat down on the sand of the beach and had said: "There is nothing else to see", he knew that it was not true. You got to see what it has not seen, see again what it has saw, see in springtime what it has saw in summertime, see in day what it has saw in the night, with the sun where it first rained, see the green fields, the mature fruit, the stone that has changed place, the shadow that there was not. You must come back on the track already done, to redo it, and to trace alongside new paths. You must restart the travel. Always. The traveler comes back immediately.
- Why do you wonder so much if travelling you annoyed yourself ? Carrying yourself around in the end you travelled exactely with whom you wanted to escape.
- The people do not make the travels, the travels make the people.
- A travel a thousand miles long starts with a small step.
- It is quite difficult, in geography as in morality, to understand the world without leaving home.